Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Hello everyone:
This if my first attempt at blogging, so bear with me if I fumble along for a while.
I have 2 cats, and one of them insists on sitting on my lap as soon as I get near the computer, so I am typing with a BIG black cat in my lap. I'm sure cat lovers out there can identify with the situation.

Follow this blog as I bring you into the world of making cards.....
For many people, collecting the mail is just another routine task in a busy day. But imagine leafing through the bills, advertisements, and credit-card solicitations only to find a white envelope (or a coloured one). Your name is handwritten on it, and there's a postage stamp in the upper right hand corner. "Wow, someone sent me a card" !!
Sending a card is almost as nice as receiving one. I used to wonder if my family and friends really appreciated my hand made cards. But the few times I've sent store-bought cards, they've been quick to ask if everything is okay, as if getting an ordinary card from me means something is wrong.
Many have told me that they have saved all of the cards I have every sent them, and have even framed some of them.
This year I have sent Christmas cards to our Canadian men and women serving overseas in Afghanistan. An e-mail of appreciation from the unit commander brought tears to my eyes.
A hand made card is really, really appreciated...and they're not hard to make. Instead of going to the grocery store, or other stores that sell cards, learn how to make your own. If you already make your own cards, learn a new technique.
Many materials are available in the craft stores- from paper products, and embellishments including ribbons and beads, to stickers and rubber stamps.
Many card making techniques are also available.
How do you sort this all out? Where do you begin? How do you know what to buy?
That's where this blog comes in. Each week I will address a technique , or a product I find interesting. If there is a particular product or technique you would like me to address please let me know.
Classes are also available but I'm only doing a few as I am busy doing craft shows until Dec. 7 Classes are also available on Wednesday evenings, from 6-8 p.m at Crop Circles in Peterborough Square.
I have two businesses - Simply Cards Stampin' Up.
The focus of this blog will be on Simply Cards, although I will mention Stampin' Up products/sales etc, and you will see Stampin' Up products being used.
Enjoy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...