Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Cardinals

Some days are more creative than others - and some days I don't sleep much. I don't
know why I jumped from "Frosty" to
"Cardinals", but out came my "Cardinal"

Stamping on tile is something new I do this year. The "Cardinal" stamp looks stunning on tile, so I made a "trivet" and matching "coasters". These are stone tiles usually put on floors or backsplashes of kitchens. What a wonderful gift idea - and so unique!!

Let me know if you want a class on stamping on tiles.

Remember, there are only 4 Wednesday evening classes left until Christmas.


"Frosty the snowman....."

4 weeks to the big day.....
The jingle "Frosty the Snowman" was going through my head when I pulled out my "Frosty" stamp and started stamping. Earlier in the day I decided to challenge myself to see the variety of cards I could make using one stamp. And, oh, did I have fun!
I have been asked many times what I looked for in a stamp - and my reply was "versatility" - a stamp you can use in a variety of ways and for a variety of occasions. Well, "Frosty" has proven to be just that.
I used a variety of techniques and media- from Tombo pens, gel pens, and chalk - and different embellishments.







If you haven't guessed yet, I love glitter, glitter, glitter. Unfortunately, it gets everywhere, but it's so worth it.
Supplies you need include:
.cardstock cut to 5.5 by 8.5" and scored at 4.25 (you select the colour)
.cordinating cardstock (various sizes) - but you'll need at least 1 sheet of 8.5 by 11 (or 12 by 12)












.Frosty stamp
.Christmas greeting stamp (ro rub-on or peel off sticker)
snowflake stamp
.black and blue ink pads
.embellishments and ribbon of your choice
.snowflake punches/chipboard
.tombo pens, gel pens, chalk or watercolour pencils (your choice)
.double sided tape, and pop up dots, glue pen
.glue dots
.and GLITTER

I'll provide you with materials and instructions for each card when you sign up for a class.

Just to show you how versatile this stamp is, I decided a lonely bag sitting in the corner of my "play area" needed decorating. I couldn't resist ---doesn't the bag look better now? My bag happened to be green, but you could do it in any colour. Check out what design papers are available, and coordinate the colours of "Frosty" to match. Use left over paper to make your tag.

As I pointed out, it's only 4 weeks to Christmas, so get stamping......



Covered in glitter (as usual)
Maria

F

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...