Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Pop goes the....

I don't know why I thought pop up cards were hard to make, but I did. Then I made one, and I was hooked. I love the interaction with the card, the message they convey without saying a single word, the wow factor. The first card below is a Valentine Day's card, made for a very special person. This card is so versatile, the hearts can be replaced with flowers, stars, butterflies--use your imagination.




















On February 26 I am going to Vancouver to celebrate my sister's birthday. This birthday pop up was just the ticket. Putting the candles on was a bit tedious, but the result was stunning! I'm dying to see her reaction. She's a chocaholic (loves chocolate), so I used a variety of chocolate designer paper for the layers. Any colour could be used for the cake.

















It's unbelievable how time flies! My grandson turns 3 this weekend, and because I can't be there for the celebration I make him the most colourful card I could think of. He's my star, so this card was perfect.







































Don't you love the hands? Again, without saying a word, the message of thanks is conveyed. This is also going to a special person who has helped me some much this year.

1 comment:

thinkfaith said...

your cards look great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...