Sunday, October 4, 2009

Techniques Event in London- and talking to your GPS

This event at the Moose Lodge in London promises to be an amazing Techniques Event. At this event,I will get to try 20 cool stamping up techniques , and then mount these creations on a 6 by 6 piece of cardstock, complete with step-by-step instructions. These pages willthen be inserted in page protectors and into a 6 by 6 Linen Album.

So, yesterday, I drove to London from Peterborough, and stayed in a hotel for the first time - by myself (really))! I can't remember the last time that happened. Usually,for these events I drive there and back in one day, but because of my recent illness, I decided to pamper myself.

I made the drive in just over 3 hours, surprising myself, because this trip usually takes me 5 hours. But I usually drive during the week, and this was a Saturday.

Thank goodness for the obnoxious voice on the GPS! The streets of London are quite confusing to me and traffic was very heavy. When I made a wrong turn, the voice insistently demanded that I made a "U turn" or "turn right/left at the next intersection". Have you ever talked to your GPS while driving?

I arrived at the hotel only to find that I had booked for Oct. 31 rather than Oct. 3.
What confusion a slip of the finger can cause. However, hotel staff sorted it out. And what followed was a day of quiet and relaxation.
The event starts at 12:30. I am so looking forward to this!! Pictures will be posted tomorrow. Today is October 18, and this is the tomorrow.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...