Monday, August 2, 2010

ORSA - July Swap - water

I received 3 wonderful cards in the mail on Friday from the July SOT M.  This month's theme was water, and I'm always intrigued by how people interpret that theme and come up with a card.  All 3 cards I received had a boat as an image, but  after that they were truly unique.
This card was done by Jean Bircham.  I love the way she did the sky.









Julia did an Iris Folded sailboat.  This is one of my favourite techniques and seeing this card reminds me that I haven't made a card using this technique for quite some time.  Love the little birds in the corner.













Yellow and blue - such bright colours.  This sailboat was done by Julia.  T he sails were stamped twice and then superimposed on each other. Some glitter on the water and the boat is sailing on a sparkling windy day.












This is the card I submitted for swapping.  This distressing technique is a favourite of mine.  The image is a Stampscape stamp.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...