Friday, February 6, 2015

Alcohol Ink Coasters and Candle

I made these items for my craft table this coming week.

Both the coasters and the candle were coloured with alcohol inks.  I chose these colours for Valentine's Day.

This is one of the coasters.

The candle was decorated by a band of DSP near the bottom.  Two types of ribbon were attached to the DSP.  I made 2 roses - one in pink and one in Very Vanilla  - using the Blossom punch and adhered them to the band using a hot glue gun.  The little rose is from a retired SU kit.



I've been playing with the Alcohol Inks again.  This time I tried something new - applying alcohol ink on a candle.  This time the candle was a full sized 6" taper candle (white).  I also made 2 coasters for Valentine's Day - using the same colours as on the candle - pink and purple.

The candle didn't turn out very well the first go around, so I just spritzed the dried alcohol ink on the craft mat and rerolled the candle in it.  This second go around was much better, and this is the one I will show you.

 This picture shows the two coasters and the candle together. As usual I waterproofed and heat proofed the coasters, painted the bottom and sides and put on felt feet.





Here's one of the coasters so that you can see the texture in it a little better.  I was actually surprised that they turned out as well as they did, because Alcohol inks can be very unpredictable.

This is a cose up of the candle.  I decorated the candle by putting a piece of DSP upon which I had added a 1 1/2" Vanilla ribbon with picot edges (and in the middle of that the raspberry ripple stitched ribbon) around the bottom of the candle.  To that I attached 3 roses, 2 of which I made using the Blossom punch.  The tiny one is from a kit that is now retired.  I attached them to the band surrounding the candle using a hot glue gun.

I found an old clear glass saucer, perfect for placing the candle on, and surrounded it with Hearts punched with the Sweetheart punch in Red glimmer and Purple glimmer paper.

- See more at: http://craftymariasstampingworld.blogspot.ca/#sthash.MwCB1T9M.dpuf

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...