Saturday, February 20, 2010

Hand made buttons - thinking otside of the box

Saturday, February 20, 2010


Inspired by the video I had posted on my blog earlier, and the article in Stampin Success, I decided to make some buttons to have on hand.
These are the ones I made.
Some I stamped and embossed first - some I superimposed another punch on the top layer.  Various size punches were used.  You are only limited by your imagination.
Basic Method:
.Stamp and emboss desired image on a coloured piece of card stock.  Cut out that image with chosen punch size.  Punch 5 more pieces of the same size.
.apply tombow adhesive or crystal effects and adhere the 6 layers together, with the stamped image on the top.
.with a pencil, mark where the 2 button holes will go
.punch the  holes with a crop-a-dile
.cover top of buttons with crystal effects and let dry.

Note:  this is a good way to use up your scraps.

Why stop at buttons?  Why not make necklaces, bracelets, ear rings ------  Just a thought.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...