Friday, February 12, 2010

"Goofy Swap" Items made

Two days I was presented with a challenge (I agreed to it) in the form of 5 pieces of one sided designer paper (non SU) - about 5 of them sized at 5 by 3 1/2.  My mind went blank and I had to sleep on it over night.
Some suggestions did come from the groups I belong to, but here are my creations:
This is the paper with the accompanying note.
As promised, I am posting them today.







I as able to make 3 projects with those little pieces of designer paper - 2 cards and 1 covered matchbox.






The split coast stamper "folded paper frame" tutorial arrived just in time to give me another idea.  I had to do some piecing, but you can not see this as it is in the back.  This frame was attached to a an embossed vanilla cardstock, which was attached to a chocolate brown card.  Remnants were made into little flower embellishments at the corners, and I cut out 2 pink flowers from the paper, layered them and placed them inside the frame.  Dazzling diamond was applied with glue to the yellow centers of the flowers.
Although other suggesions were forthcoming, one person mentioned making layered flowers.  I immediately thought of the eyelet border paper flower tutorial by Julie Davison here As you can see, I made 3 of them for this card, one slightly smaller than the other as I was running out of paper.  I placed the flowers on a polka dot embossed vanilla cardstock background and lightly brushed the polka dots with pixie pink ink to "pop" them a bit more.
To balance the card, I placed a small stip of designer paper at the bottom and tied a pink satin ribbon around it.  Stamp set:  Teeny Tiny Wishes.  Paper:  chocolate brown, very vanilla.  Ink:  Pixie pink.  Other:  buttons (non SU threaded with SU twine).  The matchbox is in the picture above.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...