Thursday, January 28, 2010

Sewn beaded cards - a wedding cake and a butterfly

I love sewing on cards.  My best seller is the beaded wedding cake.  I usually do it using pink and white beads on white paper, but decided to use crystal beads sewn with silver thread on black paper embossed in horizontal stripes (from Stampin' Up).  The backing paper is studded with crystal beads - a rare find in a stamping store in London, Ont.


















This is the cake sewn with clear and pink crystals on white paper. Thread used was silver and pink.
Which version do you like better?

I've also sewn it in blue and in red.  All have sold.  As a matter of fact, I can't keep them on my table.












 This butterfly card has also been very popular.  What is there about butterflies and dragon flies?



This was actually used in making wedding invitations.  A bit labour intensive, but I only had 25 to do.















If anyone would like templates for these patterns, send me a SASE and I will send them to you free of charge.
E-mail me and I will send you my address.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...